According to recent statistics provided by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the average cost of a labiaplasty is approximately $2,924. As with any cosmetic procedure, the cost of labia surgery varies by cosmetic surgery practice.
At San Diego Cosmetic Laser Clinic, we offer special prices on many of our services, including labiaplasty. The cost for a basic labiaplasty starts at $2,500, which is more than $500 in savings.
– Is 18 years of age or older
– Is in good health
– Is of sound mental health
– Experiences discomfort from excessively long labia and/or
– Desires a trim and tidy appearance of the labiaAs with any surgery, there are risks involved, including decreased sensitivity, dryness, bleeding, and infection.
There are three different types of labiaplasty procedures, depending on the portion of the labia treated. These include:
When Dr. Parvin Mani of San Diego Cosmetic Laser Clinic performs a labiaplasty, she removes excess tissue in a V-shaped configuration. The results look natural, especially along the edges. The color and overall shape are maintained as well with this type of labiaplasty. The doctor will work with you to determine exactly how much tissue to remove depending on the final look you want. No one will know you’ve had your vaginal area altered unless you choose to tell them.
– Quit smoking 4 weeks prior to surgery
– Avoid food, drinks, medications, and supplements that increase risk of bleeding and bruising for two weeks before surgery
– Make arrangements for a ride home on the day of the surgery
– Be sure you have several pairs of clean, loose panties available for your recovery time
– Set up a home recovery area
– Arrange for time off work and help around the house while you recover
– Fill any prescriptions for pain medication or antibiotics given to you by Dr. Mani
– Shave the pubic area two days before the surgery (optional)It’s important to follow all of Dr. Mani’s pre- and post-operative instructions in order to help ensure a quick and complication-free recovery.
Some women opt for a combination of two of these procedures, or even all three.
Dr. Mani uses the trim technique, which is the most commonly used surgical method for performing labiaplasty. To begin the procedure, Dr. Mani makes several small incisions along the labia majora or labia minora. She then removes excess tissue and contours and reshapes the labia for a more pleasing appearance. Dr. Mani then closes the incisions with dissolvable sutures.